LGBT Switchboard | 713-529-3211
A 24-hour help line serving Houston’s GLBT communities since 1982. We’re answering the call …with no “hang-ups!”
Hatch Youth | 713-529-3590
Hatch Youth is dedicated to empowering gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, questioning youth and their allies, ages 13-20, to become positive contributors to society by providing a safe social environment for GLBTIQA youth, offering role models and peer support, and sponsoring educational and community outreach opportunities.
PFLAG – Houston Chapter (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) | 713-467-3524
PFLAG Houston supports families with GLBTQ members, educates the public about GLBTQ issues, and advocates for equality throughout the community.
Places in Texas to Get Help…
- Texas Gay-Straight Alliance Network
- Austin: OutYouth | 512-419-1233
- Dallas: Youth First Texas | 214-879-0400
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- GLBT National Youth Talkline 1-800-246-7743 – Peer counseling, information and local resources for youth to age 25. Monday thru Friday from 5pm to 9pm, Pacific Time.
- YouthResource – A website by and for GLBTQ young people. This links to YouthResource’s directory of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth Organizations, Web Sites, Videos, and Books
- The Trevor Project is determined to end suicide among LGBTQ youth by providing life-saving and life-affirming resources including our nationwide, 24/7 crisis intervention lifeline, digital community and advocacy/educational programs that create a safe, supportive and positive environment for everyone.
- GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, is the leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe schools for all students. Established in 1990, GLSEN envisions a world in which every child learns to respect and accept all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. GLSEN seeks to develop school climates where difference is valued for the positive contribution it makes to creating a more vibrant and diverse community.